Pages

The Shauma Lannakita's blog

I would like to present, to share, my experiences, my thoughts, my opinions about things happening in this world here. In this cute little pink blog. You guys enjoy it and do comments. ;) Cuppsy. ;*

Labels

Honestly, this is me ;)

My photo
Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
.I`M BUBBLY. .HAVE A SPARE BATTERY TO DO THINGS A LOT. .CARE ABOUT LITTLE THINGS THAT PEOPLE DONT EVEN AWARE. .MUSIC IS MY LIFE BUT HAVENT GOT TIME AND INSTRUMENT TO PLAY LATELY. .HAVE A SCARY LOOK (oh really i do.HAHA). .TRYING HARD TO BE A GOOD DEBATER BUT I DONT THINK I CAN. .I`M NOT WINGING TOO MUCH ANYMORE. .THINKING ABOUT MY FUTURE TOO MUCH LATELY. .SIMPLE. .WANT TO BE A REAL PSYCHOLOGIST. .HATE LIARS!!!

Saturday 15 November 2008

I started to like debating thingy more and more. :)

Today has been such an exhausting day but so much fun.
I have been through all this and i seriously had so much fun when i did it.
Well, what i just said is so blurry, so let me explain it clearly then. :)

So, today i had an english debating competition which is called Newbies Competition that is actually made for the "newbie" in a debate society. So, lots of university joined this competition which i thought it could`ve been around 70 people joined it.
There were UI, ITB, Atmajaya, Unpad, Unpar, UPH, and etc.

The aim of this competition is to get to know the debate world more and to get to know who`s actually in it. But, the people who actually can join it is just for the university student who are actually new in debating thingy. But, it doesn't mean that they all new. Cos, i found heaps of them that has ever done debating in their senior high school life. So, it`s kinda not very new for them.

So, in this debate, we will do 5 times of debating and we`ll collect the point to go to the final. The highest number 1 and 2 who collect the point will go to the final.

So, yeah today i have debated 3 motions which means that i have to debate 2 more motions tomorrow. And, if i`m lucky, my team will go to the final which means that i have to do 3 debates for tomorrow.

Today was so exhausting. First thing is, i am such a really NEWBIE in the debating life. And, seriously today was my first competition. Well, before i joined this competition, i cried so many times and so stressed out about this. I've even thought that i`d better just do speech competition and news casting competition rather than do debating.
But, i found it just now, that debating is actually so much fun to do. U must have a critical thinking and have a logic to debate your opponent and explain ur case clearly. :)

Today on the first debate, my team won it. The motion was "This house would legalize prostitution". I was in the affirmative side and i was the second speaker which means that i have to practically explain the case and REBUTT my opponent. This first motion was the impromptu motion which kinda philosophical motion. Our goal is to make the prostitution as a legal job in this country. Can you imagine that? We actually have to refer to lots of things. "This and that.. what happens if we do this? it is going to be like that? or this?"
Some kinda like that, and it was so much fun.


The second debate, we LOST! The motion was "This house levy high tax on cigarettes"

OMG IT SUCKED!
i dont know anything about it.
I sucked at it and my debate was too messy and i didnt even spend at least 6 minutes! I just spent 2.59 minutes to talk about high tax thingy on cigarettes!
i hated my second debating! i was too bad and too nervous. I was in the NEGATIVE HOUSE which means that i didnt want the government to levy high taxes on cigarettes. What the hell was i doing then? The affirmative actually had a really good argument which was kinda hard to attack`em! arggh.
but, it was ok.
I kinda have this excuse that "i am still a newbie" though.
hahaha :D

My third debate was so much better. The motion was "This house make sex education compulsory at schools". We were in the affirmative side of the house. We won it actually. I actually found that my 3rd experience in debating was even better. I could talk clearly and even explained it better. (is that because i`ve done it 3 times or because i actually knew the motion very well? haha, because i sucked at the 2nd motion which i didn`t know anything about) haha. :D

So, yeah, after having 3 times of debating, i kinda made a conclusion that our
adjudicators wanted our team to improve the elaboration cos it was too lack and we had to analyze the problem more. Well done UI A! GOOD JOB FOR TODAY ACTUALLY! WE ENJOYED IT ANYWAY! :)

WISH US LUCK FOR TOMORROW!

Insya Allah.
Amin.


Love always,
kitty
xo

1 comment:

goki said...

ahh, gk paten kalah.. ckckckck